Registered SETA Chipper Training Facility
Africa Biomass Company is the only SETA registered and fully qualified company to provide comprehensive wood chipper training for operators, in the private and commercial sectors.
After the successful completion of operator training, operators are fully qualified to operate any wood chipping equipment.
Training Facility & On-Site Training
Africa Biomass Company can provide training at our training facility at our head office in Worcester, Western Cape, or training can be provided on-site at a client’s premises.
Training modules available at Africa Biomass Company
- Comply with good housekeeping practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic safety in forestry operations
- Demonstrate knowledge of ground-based machine extraction
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical timber handling equipment
- Extract & transport timber using a tractor and trailer in a productionㅤ ⠀situation
- Load, off-load and stack timber using a loader in a production situation
- Maintain and set up chipper knives and anvils in chippers in a lumber mill
- Operate a wood chipper according to industry norms
- Prepare an operational harvest plan
- Prepare, operate, and maintain a 3-wheeled loader in a non-production situation
- Prepare, operate, and maintain a self-propelled knuckle boom loader in a non-production situation
- Prepare, operate, and maintain a tractor in a non-production situation
- Prepare, operate, and maintain a vehicle-mounted knuckle boom loader in a non-production situation